We here at Roadware are familiar with the knock-off and look-alike products in the market place. These products fall into the category of a low viscosity polyurea. Basically, what they have done is modify a standard polyurea joint filler and added a solvent to make it appear as a high-penetration Concrete Mender™-like product. They are all missing the key property and process that makes Roadware 10 Minute Concrete Mender™ unique and superior in overall performance. This process is called Microdoweling™. Roadware’s Microdoweling™ process uses a proprietary formula of polyurethanes and additives to achieve a measured surface tension of 0.026 N/m. (1/3 of water) Surface tension is a measurement of a liquids ability to break free of its own molecular friction and flow into something else.
Microdoweling™ is why Roadware 10 Minute Concrete Mender™ can penetrate easily into a concrete surface under adverse conditions, as is the case in distressed, broken and cracked concrete.
Other advantages for Roadware 10 Minute Concrete Mender™ are:
The lowest viscosity for easier mixing and blending.
- Easy, one-step polishing and grinding. This material will not melt, smear, or gum up diamond polishing pads. An excellent parging compound.
- Experienced and advanced packaging. Roadware cartridge packaging is reliable and works well in the field.
- End-user color blending. New Concrete Mender™ Off-white can easily by manipulated into many colors by modifying the sand or adding pigments.
- A modulus of elasticity that is slightly less then the concrete so repairs will move with the concrete and not against it.
- Needle tip application. A complete system of needle-tip cartridge mixers for pin-point application and hairline crack repair.
- It’s all in the data. Roadware backs up the Microdoweling™ process with independent testing data and publishes here.
|Concrete Mender™||Epoxy Grout||Polyurea Crack Filler||Low Viscosity Polyurea|
|Bonding||Full Penetration Bond||Surface bond only||Surface bond only||Surface Bond only|
|Microdoweling™ Surface||Yes (1/3 of water)||No||No||No|
|Viscosity (water = 1 cps)||>8 cps||10,000 cps||1500cps||60 – 190cps|
|Grind and polish||Yes||No||No||Limited|
|Cooler/ Freezer Application||– 30 ° F||No||Yes||Yes|
|Structurally Re-bonds cracked slabs||Yes||No||No||No|
|Protects sidewalls from further damage||Yes||No||No||Limited|
|Feather edge repairs||Yes||No||No||Not listed|
|Cure time to traffic||10 Minutes||24 Hours||30 minutes||10-15 Minutes|
|Blending and Finishing||15 Minutes||None||None||24 Hours|
|Extendable with sand and rock||Yes up to 6x||No||No||Limited|
|Handy Cartridge Application||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Unlimited depth and width||Yes||No||No||Unknown|
|Dynamic Load Transfer||Yes||No||No||No|
|Needle tip gravity crack injection||Yes||No||No||No|
This table shows typical product specifications and properties when compared to Roadware 10 Minute Concrete Mender™.
The image above shows how Microdoweling™ Concrete Mender™ penetrates beyond the typical bond line gets deep into the existing concrete. See more here.