A new freezer floor coating developed by Roadware, Inc. can stop concrete dusting and restore freezer warehouse floors. Concrete dusting in your warehouse floor is a difficult challenge. Dusting is when the concrete surface deteriorates to powder due to heavy traffic, improper placement of the original concrete, mix design failure or a number of other reasons. Surface dusting can lead to hazardous conditions for personnel, unsanitary conditions and product contamination. If the concrete is solid beneath the surface, these slabs can be made serviceable with specialized coatings. Coating slabs like this is even more challenging in a working freezer where temperatures are typically -20 degrees F (-29C).
Concrete dusting can lead to the complete breakdown of the concrete wearing surface. Pallet jacks and forklifts can grind down the concrete allowing silica dust to become airborne and causing a health hazard.
Disbonded topping slabs and epoxy coatings can also create a hazardous dusting situation.
Here concrete polishing equipment with metal grinding pads are used to remove the dusting surface of the concrete back to a solid surface.
Hand grinders can also be used to remove the dusting surface. Dust collection systems are used to collect hazardous silica dust.
Roadware Freezer Floor Coating is mixed at a ratio of 1:1:1:
One quart A
One quart B
One quart 4030 grit silica or manufactured quartz sand.
Combined on a pail and mix with a paint stick or 10 seconds. Apply immediately.
Coverage rate shown here is approximately 2.5 Meters Sq per mixed liter.
Keep materials at outside the freezer at about 60-70 degrees before mixing. Floor and air temperatures in the freezer for this project were -4 degrees F (-20C).
A single trowel down application is all it takes to provide a new surface to the concrete and good working floor. Product is applied at freezer operating temperatures. Product cures in several hours depending on the temperature and odor is very slight. Stand-up trowels may be used as well.See craftsmen with Concrete Dr in Seoul, Korea apply Roadware Freezer Floor Coating at -4 degrees F (-20C) . A propane torch is used to remove flash frost just before application.
Full warehouse traffic can resume in 10 hours after application.
Floors treated with Roadweare Freezer Floor Coating are resilient and serviceable once again.
Product: Roadware Freezer Floor Coating
- Low Viscosity
- Easy Mixing
- Fast Curing in sub zero applications
- Very low odor
- Very low VOC’s that polymerize into the material.
- Freezer floors can be repaired or coated while operating.
- Can be applied in odor sensitive areas.
- Easy trowel down application.
- Warehouse traffic can resume in 12-24 hours depending on temperature.
- Coating freezer floors to reduce dusting and improve riding surface.
- Repairing cracks, joints, and spalls in freezers.
- Products cures a translucent natural amber. Dry colored pigments may be added to the final mixing process if needed.
- Surface must be, clean, dry and free of frost.
- Frost and moisture must be removed with a propane torch or electric heated air just before application.
- Excess moisture can cause the product to whiten in high moisture areas and will cause an inconsistent look.
Roadware Freezer Floor Coating is available on a special order basis at this time. Call 800-52-7623 for more information.